Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Jaws" Attacks!

No, I'm just kidding, it really wasn't that bad (see end of previous blog entry).  Kind of a fun Monday actually.  To distract me from thinking about the long week of loneliness ahead (yes, I am dramatic in case you somehow haven't realized that yet), I planned a little road trip for E and I.  Jon is sometimes able to drop off the car at lunch and yesterday (Monday) was one of those days.  So I loaded up the baby and we drove to Waimea, on the west side of the island.


The drive was very scenic - super lush and green with ocean views and golden fields of wheat here and there.  We checked out a couple of places along the way that we want to explore further with Jon but our main destination was Kaua'i Granola and Sugar Cane Snax.  Jon and I heard great things about this place and went there on our vacation here two years ago.  For the past two years since, I have been dreaming about their chocolate-dipped macaroons.  I also thought I might pick up some sugar cane for Everett - it's the only place I have found it on the island.  He is getting about 6 new teeth right now and some people say it's good for teething.

We got our snacks and checked out a couple parks and shops in town.  Mostly, we just got ideas for a future more extensive trip because there is lots to do and see along the way.  Then we drove back through several patches of rain and a double rainbow! 


You can just barely make out the second bow above the main one.  Our first Hawaiian rainbow :)


Here is E-Man enjoying his sugar cane once we got home.


Successfully evaded the Monday blues and had some great mother-son time.  Looking forward to our first play date later this week!

1 comment: