We are on week 3 in Kaua'i and it is definitely getting harder. It is finally starting to sink in that we're here for awhile and I think it's only due to the rude awakening of Jon's new long hours. I am now on my own with Everett for 11 to 12 hours a day. He also had to work Saturday (however, I am hopeful that that won't be a regular thing). Up until this past weekend, I didn't know a single person that wasn't at work with Jon so it's been pretty lonely. But the Lord came through on Sunday. I met two of Jon's coworker's wives and yesterday got in touch with the third so I am looking forward to building those relationships. That will help a lot.
After Jon got home from work on Saturday, we went for a late lunch over by our new place (we move in this Thursday!) and then we decided to check out the Kaua'i County Fair which was going on this week. We thought it would be a great way to get a feel for some Hawaiian culture. Both the fruit and flower displays stood out to me as being very different from the mainland. They were so extensive and colorful and although I didn't know what the vast majority of them were, I loved it!
E especially loved the animals, as usual. He's always been a big fan, just like his daddy.
Then we made a quick stop (maybe not so quick) in the game tent where I, yes I, scored some stuffed animals for Everett! I was seriously on a roll with this balloon dart game :-)
He seemed to be pretty happy about it.
On Sunday we tried another church and this is where I met one of the wives. There are a couple daytime women's bible studies so it might be a good opportunity to meet some friends.
In the afternoon we met up with one of Jon's coworkers and his family at the beach near our hotel. We hung out for the afternoon and then went to dinner at their place. It was nice hanging out with other people (seriously, I've been carrying on one-way conversations way too much lately) and E had a great time chasing around their three kids. I think we will be seeing them a lot more :)
It was a great weekend but I can't help feeling like I curbed it's real potential with the constant thought in the back of my mind that it was almost over and the week was coming. Now I need to learn how to get that looming Jaws music chanting "monday, monday.... Monday, Monday.... MONDAY, MONDAY!!!" out of my head.
Your prayers are always appreciated ;)
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment