Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crazy Keiki

Keiki (kay-key) = Hawaiian for 'child'

Living in a hotel for 2 weeks with a one year old is rough.  Especially one as active as E-Man.  We had to extend our stay until the 31st too because we can't move into our new place until the 1st of September.  I am finding it increasingly hard to keep him from destroying things when we are home.  The other day I took him to the beach in the morning and the pool in the afternoon and he somehow still found time to bust through the screen door!  

I didn't catch the original break through but I did catch him shortly after crawling in and out of it like a doggy door:

He then proceeded to tear it further....


*Side note:  There is no AC here (or anywhere on the island) so I could have shut the glass door so he couldn't get to the screen but then we would have been roasting in here without the breeze.  Also, unlike San Diego, there are bugs here so leaving the screen open wasn't an option either (just felt the need to justify my indirect encouragement of destruction by photo taking ;)).  Although, I suppose this system wasn't keeping many bugs out.... *


Quite proud of his hard work, he was now able to walk through with ease.



I guess he just wanted easier access to the view


And this gave him more opportunities to play his new favorite game: shouting back to the ever constantly crowing roosters below.


How can I stay mad at this face??


Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. He just wasn't happy with the style of the door. I have to agree with him, this is much more functional!

    ReplyDelete