Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Monday, November 14, 2011

Early Holiday Prep

Life is in full swing as we prepare for the holidays in Hawaii.  E and I have been spending time with friends, going to our bible studies and running holiday prep errands.  This week we made it to a Christmas craft fair and had a lot of fun checking out all the goods.  Everett loved flirting with all the aunties that gave him attention as we perused their booths.  I've realized after driving all over the East and South shores this week and seeing signs everywhere that there are holiday craft fairs in different places every Saturday this month!  These ladies must be serious about their crafts.  But it gives E and I something to do while Jon sleeps.  Most of our friends are hanging out with their hubbies/daddies on Saturdays so we're on our own.

Jon is still working nights and has pretty much adjusted to life as a vampire (he's bummed that he no longer has a brown tan).  He manages to sleep pretty well now during the day.  They've got him working six nights a week though so it's pretty hard on him.... and us.  That's definitely been the hardest part about our time in Kaua'i - Jon's long work hours.

That is why we are so thankful that he is getting some time off to take us on a trip to Oahu for Thanksgiving!  Four whole days together with no work!!  We are so excited.  Most likely it won't be the typical tourist trip for us - we're pretty much going to shop and eat!  With so few stores here (if Walmart doesn't have it, you're probably not gettin' it), it will be so nice to make a trip to an actual mall to do some Christmas shopping and maternity clothes shopping.  And being pregnant and all, I am SO looking forward to having food from some of my favorite restaurants :-)  It's pathetic I know, but I actually went through google maps and made a list of all the restaurants I want to go to while we're there!  Hehehe.... this Thanksgiving it might not be the turkey dinner that does me in ;)

Speaking of food, thought I would throw in a couple of these pics.  I guess Everett is preparing for our trip too....

He's been learning to use a spoon on his own and it is quite the messy task but he is always so proud and excited.


After about 10 minutes of spooning, he was like "forget this!" and decided to drink it instead.



All done!


Trying bacon for the first time.  Loved it, of course - who doesn't?


Me and E bonding over a Christmas popcorn tin (made me think of you, Dad :))



Also, this week I got to have a "mommy's afternoon out" when I helped a friend who's a photographer with her holiday photo shoot.  It was so much fun!  She took a bunch of Christmas props to the beach and had three families come to take their Christmas card photos.  I just helped as an extra set of hands and eyes - fixed stray hairs, moved unused props out of the shot, that kind of stuff.  I loved it and it was so fun seeing the families getting excited for Christmas.  Here's my friend taking a pic of the cutest giggly brothers!



We have so much to be thankful for.

We hope that wherever you are and whatever you're going through, this early holiday season is filled with the joy and peace that can only be found in Him who loves you.

We love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment