Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Super Spectators

Life is moving right along on our little Pacific Island and we are all getting into our new groove.  I have been trying to meet people everywhere we go ("Hi, my name's Emily - wanna be friends?!  haha but seriously!) and I have lately had some success!!  So, I'm feeling much better about this whole adventure.  It's amazing how much things improve with the prospect of some daytime company :)

Although it was short (Jon had to work a half day Saturday), we had a great weekend!  We were able to go on a little adventure to the west side of the island when he got home.  We checked out a beach called Salt Pond Park and then hit up a taco place we had heard really good things about.  Neither were super impressive but we still had a great family adventure.

Thursday evening Jon played ultimate frisbee with some friends from work.  It's actually a pretty random assortment of people just hearing by word of mouth that play every week.  I had never watched a game before and I don't think Jon had played an organized game since high school gym class but he was actually pretty good!  E and I were very impressed.  It was nice to watch the game and sit outside during the sunset.


Earlier that day, E-man and I were having some playtime when we heard a loud foghorn outside.  We looked out the window and saw a rowing race going on!  So we watched and cheered with all the spectators.  He was very excited.


This week we have a special visitor from SD in town!  My good friend April is here and we are so excited.  Will post pics soon from our daytime adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment