We have been here now for over a month and God has once again proven to be faithful. After providing Jon with an amazing work opportunity and giving us an awesome home on the beach, His newest gift is that I have friends!!!!! Now, I may be jumping the gun a bit.... at this point they're really more like acquaintances with promise ;) My bible study at Kauai Christian Fellowship started last Friday and 1) it was wonderful! Exactlly what I need right now and 2) I met a couple moms that invited me to their weekly play group. Couldn't have been more of a success. Not to mention Everett had a great time in the nursery. I also met a soon-to-be mom at another church we tried last week and we might hang out this week. This is all in addition to the friends we have already made in Jon's coworker's wife and son who is just a month younger than E. With all this potential for company, I am feeling so hopeful about the upcoming months!
We had a pretty low-key weekend. Jon had to work some on Saturday but we went out for a late lunch afterwards at fun tropical place in Po'ipu (on the south shore).
Yesterday in the afternoon we went down to the beach and I swam in the ocean under some cool looking clouds - it was so calm and beautiful....
....while the boys made new friends. I love the progression of these photos with E and the dog:
"Sir, I think maybe I would like to pet your dog."
"Are you sure it's ok?"
contact!!
We miss home but we are enjoying our time here on the island. It's hard for Jon too being away so much but we are so proud of him for all his hard work. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! Hope you have a great week.
Love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment