Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Learning to Trust

Something we've been thinking about a lot lately is whether or not we will stay in Kaua'i longer than through the end of January.  Things are kind of up in the air because Jon's work has mentioned an extension but hasn't said what kind of financial package they will be offering (if any).  We still have our condo in SD to pay for too.  Also, we don't know at this point what work will be available back in San Diego if we go back.  On top of that, our landlord here told us we have to move out at the end of January because she has already rented this place out to vacationers since we can't commit to another 6 months.  It causes me some anxiety not knowing where we're going to be in just a few short weeks, especially with the baby coming in May.

I have been praying about it a lot and despite my fear of the unknown, I know I can have confidence that my God will come though for me.  I know this because when we first arrived in Hawaii and I prayed and trusted that he would provide a place for us to live in the short notice we had....

He delivered.

And when I prayed in my loneliness that he would give me friends....

He delivered.  With abundance!

So now, as I pray that he will show us where we're supposed to be and make it all work out according to his plan, I can be sure that he will not fail me this time either.

He will deliver.

I need only sit back and watch in awe as he does.  

I am so thankful for the way he has used our time on the island to grow my faith in him.  And while it is still a daily struggle to fully trust him with everything in my life, it is such a comfort to know that I can choose to have peace that he will see us through despite the chaos all around.

Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God and have been called according to his purpose."  

As always, your prayers are appreciated too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, you're not alone Em. I see this all the time in the military and it is just amazing how God comes through at the RIGHT time. As you've realized, it just seems to happen in His timing. Lots of prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the beautiful reminder of His faithfulness to us!

    ReplyDelete