Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Adventure & Appreciation

Just as I thought life would be returning to a normal everyday routine after the craziness of the past couple weeks, adventure struck again.

Everett and I had a list of errands to run yesterday so we started by heading to the post office (which was closed - what's up with that?).  As we returned to the car in defeat, I proceeded to load Little Man's stroller back into the trunk when I noticed a giant cane spider on the ceiling!


After a sequence of squeals of horror, I calmed down enough to take a picture (of course) and then stood there trying to figure out what to do.  In case it hasn't been said before, I have a serious case of arachnophobia, hence the nightly spider checks mentioned in a prior blog entry.  As usual, Everett stared at me with a look of confusion on his face that slowly turned into a big grin as he proceeded to imitate my squealing.  Gotta love that little guy - he brings so much comedic relief to my life when I need it.

Meanwhile, the spider scurried across the ceiling and headed for the front seat.  It ran down the driver's side door and under the seat.  By this time I had all the doors and the trunk open and people were looking over at me wondering what in the world I was doing.  I thought about asking a couple of old men nearby to help me find it but I knew my irrational fear was pathetic so I chickened out in embarrassment.  After calling Jon a million times (he was apparently deep in sleep from a long night of work) and a few friends nearby, I got no one.  I knew getting into the car with the spider still lurking was absolutely out of the question.  Besides the fact that I was scared to death, I knew if it popped up while I was driving, I would freak out and likely have an accident.  I decided the safest plan of action would be to abandon ship and walk home.  So, I loaded E back into the stroller and with my flimsy three-dollar flip flops walked my pregnant self the 2.7 miles back home.

When Jon woke up, the poor guy had to get a ride out to the car to try to hunt down the spider.  Instead of thinking I was crazy though, he totally empathized with me and rose to the occasion.  A true knight in shining armor :)  I was so relieved when he showed me the dead spider - my hero!  What would I do without that man of mine?!  Just another reason to thank God for the husband he has given me.  And just in time for our anniversary today....

Happy 7 years, Jon!  Thanks for loving me just the neurotic way I am.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment