It has been a busy past couple weeks for the Sheeder family but things are finally starting to calm down. We have miraculously (and I do mean miraculously) finished the vast majority of preparations and actually have some time now to rest and play while we wait for Baby Girl Sheeder's arrival. Praise the Lord!
Here's what we've been up to:
Catching up with friends
My friend Elena has her own daycare so we went for a visit. E loved playing with all the other kids (that's him in the center eating lunch).
The GA (Jon's work) ladies brought over lunch for us! Gaby brought some of her son's old car's for Everett. He was in heaven!
E helped Daddy replant our tomatoes...
He also put up with lots of errand running with Mommy. Here he is on a lunch break at the mall food court. One of Everett's favorite things about being back in San Diego is nurturing his love of refried beans, just like his Momma!
Last weekend, our stuff finally arrived from Hawaii. It was a lot to unpack.
But Everett helped.
The evening after everything arrived, Jon and I had a dinner to go to so E stayed home with Laurinda and helped unpack his toys.
We got to go to a semi-formal benefit dinner for CAPS (College Area Pregnancy Services) - a crisis pregnancy center I have volunteered at for a couple years. It was wonderful to see all my old friends and witness so many people gathered to celebrate life. Plus, it was a fun dress-up date night for Jon and I :)
I also got to meet my new 5 day old friend Bravery last weekend!! I don't know if you remember me and my good friend April's belly pics from awhile back when she was in Hawaii, but she had her baby boy. Precious little thing - he and our baby girl are going to be buddies! Welcome to the world, Brave!
Also, in Sheeder Family news - E-Man switched to a toddler bed! He learned how to get out of his Pack 'n Play and his crib when it arrived so we figured it was time. It is definitely a work in progress but we are getting there. He went from getting out of bed 50+ times per nap and bedtime to now only a couple attempts. I say "attempts" because after trying various techniques of discipline, we now hover outside his door when we put him down and catch him before his feet can touch the ground! Hoping to have the stay-in-bed skill mastered before Baby arrives....
And of course, during all the craziness we found some time to be silly too.
Impromptu family photo
E stealing the camera to ham it up.
I think we are officially ready for baby. Now the plan is to spend some time having fun with Everett for his last days as an only child. Oh, and another date night or two for Jon and I ;)
Hope you are all having a wonderful spring!


















Glad to see you're getting all settled in!! I can't wait to see pics of Baby Girl!!
ReplyDelete