After nine long weeks, I am finally blogging again! I'm gonna write off my absence as maternity leave.... but I have missed writing. And now that I am getting a little bit more sleep and have mastered the fine art of nursing while typing, I am back!
Hazel helping me out with this entry:
Having a new baby girl has definitely been a joy. However, I never could have prepared myself for the lack of sleep this time around. I thought I was prepared for the sleep deprivation having been through it before when Everett was a baby, but having a newborn and a toddler adds a totally new element of exhaustion. Any of you who know me know I have never been a morning person. Mornings have always been painful for me, even after a solid eight hours (or ten, as I am convinced I need). Night after night of several wake ups, having to get up at seven with Everett and not getting a nap during the day pretty much hit me like a ton of bricks. Why is it that I can never get them to nap at the same time?! The only thing besides lots of prayer that's gotten me through is knowing that this part is just temporary. In fact, it has already been improving, hence the new blog post. In a few more months (a year at most) they will both be sleeping a blissful ten to twelve hours.
Anyways, all sleep complaints aside, Hazel is a fabulous baby! Her mellow, easy going temperament has been such a blessing. She just hangs out and watches her brother. He loves to kiss her all the time and she is such a good sport. He even talks to her and makes her smile. It is such a precious thing to watch. I am loving it.
Hazel is my sweet little buddy. She now responds to us with smiles and coos. It's crazy how much of this stuff I've forgotten since the last baby. It's like I'm experiencing it for the first time all over again. So much fun :)
This is the way we spend most of our days when Jon's at work... poor Everett hasn't been getting out much.
But we try our best to get out a lot when Jon's home to help.
The family of four :)


















No comments:
Post a Comment