'Member when I said last week that we were going to stay here until God told us to move? Well, he must know I'm not good with waiting because it only took three days for him to make it crystal clear that it's time to change after all. No, I'm not joking, although I am waiting for Ashton Kutcher to pop out of the woodwork any minute now and tell us we've been Punk'd. I hope somebody's getting a good laugh because we are not amused....
Wednesday evening (after I announced to everyone at my baby shower that morning that we were staying) Jon came home from work, sat down where E and I were playing and looked me right in the eyes. He just shook his head with an apologetic look on his face and I knew. I said, "no......" and he just nodded. Apparently, the company that funded the facility Jon helped build out here approved General Atomics' continued use of the property after some coaxing. But after all that, someone from GA did not approve the money for use in Kauai, as it could be stretched longer in San Diego. So it was officially disapproved, (despite the fact that we signed a contract through June) and everyone is being sent back home. I cannot tell you how frustrating this has been, although I'm sure you're starting to get an idea. So here we are, changing our flights for the third time, re-planning our future and telling you all again that we're moving back to San Diego.
One big difference though - this time it's final. Even if it's not final on GA's end, it is for us. The constant back and forth is too much so we are going back and we're not changing again, regardless of what new information comes up. Plus, now that we've given our landlord our 30 day notice to break our lease for the second time in two weeks, I'm pretty sure she's never going to speak to us again.
Fortunately, this time we have a little more time to pack, get ready and say our goodbye's. They must have felt bad for how many times the plans have been changed (rightfully so) because they gave us a whole month to get home. It looks like we are going to stay in Hawaii until the last week of March and then head back.
Throughout all the ups and downs of the past few weeks, it is still evident that God is sovereign. We do have peace about the conclusion. Although we may not know his reasoning now, someday this will all make sense. In the meantime, there are so many things to be thankful for. The four of us are healthy, together and being tossed back and forth between two beautiful places. I am also thankful that at this point, I have already cried over leaving both, so now I'm just ready for action ;) It's relieving to have an answer and be done with all the stress and instability. We have had such an amazing time in Kauai and are so grateful for this experience. We will miss all of our friends and church family here dearly but we are excited to go home to San Diego after seven months away. We have missed so many people and are looking forward to reconnecting with everyone. It will be nice to be home when the baby comes too.
Plus, it's probably only Aloha for now. I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be back in Kauai someday :)

You're one tough cookie Em! Congrats for hanging in there! See you soon!
ReplyDelete