We have been desperately trying to get back to a normal, relaxed routine around here after our move and Jon's switch back to daytime shifts. I am happy to report that little by little, Everett and I are entering back into the world of regular outings. Of course, most of them are just errands, but we were able to get out for a little fun too. Some of our friends have been out of commission too lately for various reasons so it's been just me and the little man. Can't complain - he is quite the handsome date :-)
We went out to breakfast one morning at our usual mother/son breakfast date spot - Eggbert's (no lemons today).
E wanted to drive home but I told him we should wait until he can reach the pedals.
We waited out the rain at the post office one day. Thank goodness Mommy had a sucker stashed away in her purse for a rainy day such as this :)
Over the weekend we checked out the Paradise Festival (also known as the Valentine's Day Craft Fair) at Poipu Beach Park. It was a super and hot sunny day. After we shopped and shared some shave ice we were still sweating so we decided to hit the water. We had a good time wading and playing in the tide pools.
Also this week, we got an exciting delivery in the mail from cousin Kennedy. Her class is doing a project based on the book Flat Stanley and she sent her "flat me" to us to have a Hawaiian adventure! We will be showing Flat Kennedy around the island and sending her back with lots of pictures and souvenirs for the real Kennedy to show her class.
Here is Everett getting acquainted with Flat Kennedy.
The two of them bonded while playing together in the sand.
It was an eventful week and to top it off, Jon and I got to have a date night! Of course, I don't have any pictures of that :( Our church had a party for all the kids Friday night so that the parents could all go out. They even sent us off with conversation starters and everything! We had a wonderful time out to dinner and were so thankful for the free babysitters :)
So it seems life is getting back to normal slowly but surely. Well, maybe normal isn't the right word....
but we like our crazy version ;)








Emily, love the inside scoop on flat Kennedy's journey!! (and all the pictures too!!!) I am new to this blog thing......is there a way to get your blog to pop up like....... on my facebook page?? Or somewhere I can find it easily?
ReplyDelete