It is now week eight of our Hawaiian adventure and we are enjoying it more than ever. Two big reasons why:
1) God has seriously hooked it up with an overabundance of friends!! They just keep coming and I am so overjoyed at the answer to prayer. I am now anything but bored or lonely and I am feeling connected with a bunch of super cool ladies (most of whom have kids E's age to play with).
2) On top of that, Jon has started his new night shift schedule and so far it has been so much better! Now, I know we're only a couple days into it so I may be getting ahead of myself but we both think it's going to be a really good thing. We don't know how long it will last (most likely only a couple of weeks) but we are determined to enjoy it while we have it. He now leaves for work about 9:45pm and gets home around 6am. Then he sleeps till 1 or 2 and by that time, Everett's up from his nap and we're ready to play. I get over 7 hours of time with Jon!!! Amazing!
I know I mentioned in my last entry that we had a fun weekend coming up and it was awesome indeed. Saturday we went to the Coconut Festival and met up with Jon's coworker and his family. It was so hot and humid but we made the best of it and had a good time. E loved the petting zoo, as usual. There were chickens, ducks, bunnies and these other weird looking birds, all being tormented by hyper toddlers. We watched a coconut creme pie eating contest and got some delicious food. There were hula dancers, cooking demo's and this guy doing a coconut stunt show. Pretty crazy. Probably the highlight for me was on our way out when Everett found a coconut on the ground, picked it up (while grunting from exertion because it was literally half his size), carried it over to his stroller and and tossed it in the back! Guess he was convinced of it's many uses :)
Here he is with it once we got it home
In the afternoon there was a roller derby match... game??.... not sure.... but we wanted to go watch because we'd never been. Actually, the first I ever heard of it was when we saw the movie "Whip It". Anyways, it took us forever to get there because there was a car accident. Things get pretty dicey when there's a major accident on a one-lane highway, especially when it's the only route going north-south. We were stuck for quite awhile so we only made it to the very end of the.... game - I looked it up ;) What we saw was still pretty cool though. A bunch of tough girls in crazy pink get-ups and fun music and people. The Garden Isle Renegade Rollers (the Kaua'i team) lost to an Oahu team but everybody had fun.
A pretty sky when the game was over
We met up with our friend Tamayo afterwards and had noodles at this tasty Vietnamese place. It was an action packed Saturday and we loved it :) Oh and did I mention the best part??! Jon didn't have to work at all!!!
Sunday was spent going to church, resting and running a couple errands. But we did do a little hiking in the evening by our place at this mini lighthouse where the cruise ships leave the port.
Beautiful end to a beautiful weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment