Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Thursday, May 27, 2010

BeLeeve!


Such an intense moment last night!  My man Lee DeWyze, the quiet paint salesman from Chicago, won American Idol!! 

I know I have never met the guy and probably never will but I just like him!  He went from being so shy and insecure to really gaining confidence while remaining a humble, likable guy.  Earlier in the season they interviewed his parents who said that he was too embarrassed to sing in front of them growing up.  They begged and begged and finally one day he agreed to sing for them in the car if they promised not to look at him.  How cute is that?!  He said he used to get sick before every performance at the beginning of Idol because he was so nervous.  But after the judges continuously boosting his confidence and proclaiming that he belonged there, he started to believe it.  And now he's singing on national television for millions of people and even smiling while doing it.  Awh, I am so proud of him!

Also, can I just say that I love Ryan Seacrest too?  I know he's super cheesy and most people probably find him annoying but I just feel like he's a genuinely nice guy.  I mean, look at his face in this picture!  You can tell that he is sincerely happy for Lee.  I know it's his job and he's good at it but it always seems like he really cares about the contestants.  Maybe I'm just a sucker falling for his act, but if that's the case, I'm still happy thinking he's a good guy :)

P.S. I have to confess that on Tuesday night after the final performances, I voted 50 times for Lee!!  Haha I'm such a geek.... and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment