Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Monday, February 1, 2010

Some "Firsts"

An exciting thing happened today.  I had my first stranger ask about my pregnancy!  For awhile now, I've been in the stage where when random people look at me, I can tell they are wondering if I'm pregnant but they also don't want to ask me and be wrong so they don't say anything.  It's kind of funny.  I want to say "yes, I'm pregnant" just to relieve their internal debate, but I don't want to weird them out if they really weren't wondering and it's all in my head!  Haha..... here's the shirt I need:



Anyways, today at work, a new girl from the current training class caught me off guard in the kitchen by asking "When are you due?".  I was totally in my own world (it's Monday after all) and so I thought she said "What do you do?", which I thought was kind of odd, since we both work at the same place and she should obviously know what I do by now from what she's learned in training.  So I said "I'm sorry?" just as it registered in my brain that she asked when I was due.  She said she'd seen me walking by the training room several times and wondered when I was due.  I answered "June" and she said her congratulations.  I walked back to my cube smiling but in a daze.  Am I really at that stage now?!  How exciting!  That just makes it all the more real.

A couple more things that are making it more real: 1) Finding out he is a boy - after all that worrying about whether we should find out or not, I have no regrets.  I LOVE knowing!  It makes me feel closer to Baby Boy Sheeder.  2) I have just started being able to feel him moving!!  What a strange, amazing thing.  I can't wait til Jon can feel it from the outside.  3) We registered for baby stuff this past weekend.  It was definately an adventure.  Long and surprisingly hard work but it was lots of fun too thinking of everything he will be using.  4) We inspected our hopefully soon-to-be townhouse (we go into escrow today!!!) and I hung out in what will be the baby's room, daydreaming about decor, seeing him in his crib, rocking him in a chair, bathing him in his cute little bathtub & even changing diapers!  Can't wait to see how God's plan unfolds.  I am really looking forward to this new life adventure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment