Well it seems God thought I was in need of a lesson in patience. My 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for this past Monday (MLK Jr day) and Jon and I were sooooo excited. We had discussed it for weeks and finally came to the conclusion the night before that we would find out the sex of our baby. I had the day off Monday so I was looking forward to sleeping in, meeting Jon at the doc for our appointment at 11am and then doing a little bit of maternity clothes shopping with an excited bounce in my step. That was MY plan, anyways.
To my dismay, God's plan was a little different. I got a call from my doctor's office at 7:30am (so much for sleeping in) and the receptionist told me that the ultrasound technician had called in sick so they had to reschedule my appointment. Seriously??!!!! The earliest they could get me in was next Wednesday, the 27th! I tried to take the news like a big girl but that's a tall order with all these hormones right now. So, like a good pregnant lady, I cried, ate some ice cream (yes, for breakfast) and went to get my hair done ;)
I must admit I felt much better after a new do. I even took my first pregnancy pic. And now.... we wait. There's a chance I may be able to get an ultrasound sooner at the crisis pregnancy clinic I volunteer at though (!!!) so stay tuned.....
20 week bump pic:
I want a girl!!! (But I'll love whatever you have!)
ReplyDelete