Monday, September 28, 2009
Redeeming Love
So, if my blog is starting to seem like a book review, I assure you, it's just a coincidence. I actually have never even been that big of a reader. It just so happens I've come across a couple of amazing books lately. In the past, I've had a habit of getting about 2/3 of the way through a book and then putting it down never to pick it up again. But I think I've come to realize it was just those books - they sucked! Ok, it was a little me too - I feel like I'm kind of ADHD so it makes it extremely difficult for me to stay interested unless it's really good.
That being said, I could not put this book (Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers) down!! I'm kind of one extreme or the other: either I can't pay attention to a book or I'm completely obsessed with it. I think when other people read books, they are able to go back to normal life when they're not reading. Not me - oh no. It's like I get so into the ones I really like, I can't think about anything else!
Anyways, a friend of mine had recommended this book to me and I fought it for a long time. Not sure why - I guess cause it's a Christian book and that put me off. I figured Christian fiction would probably be super hoaky and wouldn't relate to real life. I was wrong. So wrong. In fact, the girl in this book is so incredibly jacked up (even by the world's standards) that probably no matter how messed up your life/past is, you can't relate to how bad hers is!! But yet the love that pursues her is unfailing. I saw so much of myself in the main character. Such an incredible love story - seriously, life changing. I have been telling all my girlfriends they need to read it. Even if you're not "religious" you should give it a shot. It has definately changed the way I see things... hope you will take my word for it :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ohmygosh! I LOVE this book! It is absolutely awesome, the author is brilliant, so talented!! She's also written some shorter novellas paralleling the lives of biblical women. Next you need to try Karen Kingsbury's novels. Amazing!
ReplyDelete