We have hit several new milestones this winter in the Sheeder house. To start, Everett had his first dentist appointment. I know it's hard to believe, but I didn't take any pictures! I guess I was trying to keep him calm. Plus, not much happened. The dentist just "counted" his teeth and then gave him a bunch of goodies. He is particularly excited about the little kid flossers he got. Whenever he disappears and is quiet for awhile these days, I usually find him in the bathroom flossing. It's pretty funny. The other day I walked in there and found him flossing while brushing his hair! You can bet I grabbed my camera for that one!
While I'm on the topic of teeth, I should mention that Hazel got her first one! Two, now. It took me a long time to capture these little buggers on camera but at long last, here is their debut.
She's been chewing on everything.
It isn't new that Everett has been singing songs that he learns at bible study or church, but I consider his latest feat quite the milestone. The other day I heard him reciting something to himself and when I asked him what he was saying, he responded, "put your hand on your heart, Mommy". That was the one and only time I heard him say the entire Pledge of Allegiance all by himself. Since then I've tried to capture a version on video, but it's tough to get him to focus when it's on command. Here is one I managed to get with a little prompting plus a play-dough flag to solute ;)
This boy amazes me.
And then there's Hazel. She is rapidly approaching standing on her own now which is way earlier than her brother. She had been pulling up on things to standing for a few weeks so we bought her a little stroller to help her learn to take steps. By the second day, she was cruising down the hallway all by herself! I thought I would have to hold it back a bit so it wouldn't fly forward on the wood floor leaving her on her face like the other one we have did so many times to her brother. But not my little Hazey-Bug, she has crazy control of that thing! Amazing.
My sweet babies are growing so fast I can't even believe it!
Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom? :-)







It's been too long since I've checked blogs! Can't BELIEVE Hazel is walking. LOVED the pledge! I really, really wish we could hang out. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete