Psalm 33:20-21

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help an our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. - Psalm 33:20-21

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blogging Sabbatical

I realize I haven't written in WAY too long. Ever since we got back from Hawaii, things have been crazy. I guess spring is always that way. We've had stuff going on every single weekend and both of us have been playing catch up at work. It seems like life is in fast-forward. I don't know how it is already mid June!

So there was Spirit West Coast the weekend after we got back - also Memorial Day Weekend. I had tickets to Tobymac (thanks Mom & Dad) and of course, went down to the floor in the "mosh pit" and had an amazing rocking time. It was pretty much the same show I saw just over a year ago but I would see it a thousand times over. He is such a great performer. Such an incredible experience to be surrounded by believers worshipping to loud and crazy music. Great birthday present!

Then the weekend after that was another house building trip in Tijuana. We convinced our good friends to come with us and had so much fun! Not many people showed up so it was a small group. Really good for bonding though. Last one til fall :( I will miss it. I heart Mexico.

The weekend after that (first weekend in June), Jon went home to MN for his brother's graduation/party. He had a great time and I stayed back and went to my good friend's baby shower here. To my surprise, her husband's (also my good friend) family was there from out of town and were super excited to see me! I was too, after I was over the shock of seeing them for the first time in awhile. We have a connection that goes way back. It was nice because I was a little bummed that I wasn't in Minnesota with my family so I felt like I got a little family here instead. Not to mention, I'm so excited for L & M!!! Can't wait to babysit and see them as parents. Jon & I will be taking notes....

Then last weekend was Jon's bday weekend. We had a lot of festivities including dinner at Crab Hut and a barbeque Saturday. We also went golfing with some friends Sunday with the new (used) clubs I bought him.

This weekend we're going camping up in the mountains near Julian - cannot wait!! After that it seems things might slow down a little bit for the Sheeders. One can hope. And I haven't even mentioned Hawaii yet!! I might have to save it for another entry. There's so much to say!!

1 comment: